Vape News -
by Jimmy Hafrey

Another Exploding E-Cig Reminds Vapers to Use Common Sense

Perhaps nothing is more damaging to the ecig industry than stories of exploding electronic cigarettes. For all of the people that have experienced amazing benefits from vaping, only a handful of explosions can still create a negative stigma around e-cig technology. This week, we saw another unfortunate incident when an ecig battery exploded in the United Kingdom. The worst part is that the whole situation could have been prevented with a little common sense.

When you purchase an electronic cigarette starter kit, it comes equipped with a battery charger that is specifically designed for your ecig batteries. If your kit only has a basic USB charger, you can purchase a wall adapter for under $20 and it’s money well spent. Unfortunately, sometimes people assume that any charger will work and it often causes horrible accidents. That’s exactly what happened at the Buck Inn Hotel in Richmond this week.

Someone plugged an ecig battery into an iPad charger at the bar. The intention was a quick ecig recharge, but the result was much worse – it exploded and injured two people. Witnesses said the e-cig was plugged in and then suddenly exploded, burning an employee at the bar and causing minor injuries to a customer. Laura Baty, age 18, was returning change to a customer when the e-cig exploded. She had minor burns on her arms and her dress was damaged.

“I could see the fire coming at me and I felt the heat as I ran away,” Baty told reporters. “I started crying hysterically and my arm was all black. My dress caught on fire as I ran away and I just didn’t know what was happening.” The e-cig eventually burned out on the floor, but Richmond fire office Steve Bake said that the damage could have been much worse.

“If that had happened in someone’s house, it could have set curtains or furniture ablaze so there is clearly a big risk here. Especially if someone has no smoke detectors,” said Bake.

This explosion is a timely reminder to always follow manufacturer directions carefully when charging your e-cig batteries. You might be tempted to use a universal charger or even plug the USB cable into your iPad charger. However, this is important proof that using the wrong charger can cause explosions, fires, and injuries.

Never take short cuts when it comes to charging your e-cigarettes. We can prevent these horrible explosions by following manufacturer directions and using a small dose of common sense.

The post Another Exploding E-Cig Reminds Vapers to Use Common Sense appeared first on ChurnMag.


Tags